Welcome to ZINC, a free database of commercially-available compounds for virtual screening. ZINC contains over 230 million purchasable compounds in ready-to-dock, 3D formats. ZINC also contains over 750 million purchasable compounds you can search for analogs in under a minute.
ZINC is provided by the Irwin and Shoichet Laboratories in the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). We thank NIGMS for financial support (GM71896).
To cite ZINC, please reference: Sterling and Irwin, J. Chem. Inf. Model, 2015 http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.jcim.5b00559. You may also wish to cite our previous papers: Irwin, Sterling, Mysinger, Bolstad and Coleman, J. Chem. Inf. Model, 2012 DOI: 10.1021/ci3001277 or Irwin and Shoichet, J. Chem. Inf. Model. 2005;45(1):177-82 PDF, DOI.
You can use ZINC for general questions such as
- How many substances in current clinical trials have PAINS patterns? (150)
- How many natural products have names in ZINC and are not for sale? (9296) get them as SMILES, names and calculated logP
- How many endogenous human metabolites are there? (47319) and how many of these can I buy? (8271) How many are FDA approved drugs? (94)
- How many compounds known to aggregate are in current clinical trials? (60)
- How many epigenetic targets have compounds known? (53) and Which of these substances can I buy? (278)
- How many ligands are there for the NMDA 1 ion channel GRIN1? (662) and How many of these are for sale? (60)
- 2018-02-14 - ZINC reaches 213,235,528 purchasable leadlike 3D!
- 2018-02-13 - ZINC reaches 736,001,654 purchasable molecules 2D!
- 2018-01-14 - Klara Anu is born! Welcome Klara Anu, sister to Lisa!
- 2018-01-01 - Chinzo Dandar joins our team. Welcome Chinzo! Follow us on twitter @chem4biology Known limitations What's new